Tuesday, October 04, 2005

On Message

I knew that Lewis Latham was a liberal, but man, he is really getting mad now. Did you read the latest? Make the good ol' US of A the best damn fascist state the world has ever seen, since we are already well on our way.

I must admit, my knowledge extends about as far as the results witnessed in Germany, Italy and Spain, and I had little idea about the background ideology.

It will be interesting to see how this is received. The man's courage to speak his mind is something to behold.

For more background here is the 1995 Umberto Eco article Latham refers to.

1 comment:

Winnemucca's Own said...

It has been interesting to keep reading Lewis's essays, and listen to him get angrier and angrier the longer Bush stays in office, and the more our political climate worsens (at least for the Left Leaners out there.)

I certainly enjoyed this latest one, and depending on my mood, I either agree with him, or find it too pessimistic. I guess it depends on how much news coverage I catch on the TV.