Tuesday, September 27, 2005

No Direction Home














If you are a fan of Bob's, and of course we all are, I highly recommend this documentary. I watched it on my local PBS station and was enthralled. This film, along with Bob's recent book, provides more insight into his life, and his character, than anything I have read or seen in forty years. We've had glimpses, and hints, "I'm just a song and dance man," but never anything that explained as well his feelings about what was happening to him during his meteoric rise to fame.

I can't wait to watch the DVD so I can actually see the film without the snow, and diagonal, fuzzy, red, interference lines, scrolling across the screeen.

And yeah, he is still out there. The Fall European Tour starts October 17 in Stockholm.

2 comments:

MorsaJones said...

i'd like to see the dvd as well.. i missed parts of the pbs showing due to impending schoolwork.. but i did like what i saw..

Winnemucca's Own said...

we'll all have to netflix that one...

it's pretty amazing that he is still out on tour all the time. my guess is he'll still be playing shows when he gets real old, like Doc Watson.