Sunday, February 25, 2007

Late February Afternoon
















A series of storms is blowing in over the Sierra range and we have a chance for some snow showers or rain for the next week or so. As these big storms approach, the leading edges are ripped apart by the Sierras, and the skies around here are full of dark fragments and bright sunshine.

This afternoon the light was just brilliant, so I took a little trip up to Water Canyon and got this nice shot of the city and Winnemucca Mountain.

Tonight it will be snowing.

2 comments:

Zack Sheppard said...

WOW! Great shot! My Dad actually called me to tell me it was gorgeous I'm glad you caught it on film...errr...electronic bits that is. ;)

Winnemucca's Own said...

Im excited to get back to some open space for a lil bit! Also, nice pic Pa!