Thursday, July 05, 2007

High Desert Heat















I've got a rocket
in my pocket,
I cannot stop to play.
Away it goes !
I've burnt my toes.
It's Independence Day !

Yesterday, July 4th, it was 103 F in these parts. Today at 5:00 PM it was up to 105 F. Seemed like ideal conditions for a short expedition. My friend Mike went along for the trip. Surprised me a bit, cause it was a real spontaneous plan.

These shots are taken from Winnemucca Mountain. It was very quiet up there today. We never made it to the top, but stopped off along the western flank, about half way up.

The vehicle in the image above is coming in from the Black Rock Desert, on Jungo Road. You can see the effects of a recent fire in the middle of the photo.






















The Jackson Mountains this evening.

2 comments:

MorsaJones said...

looks perty. i really dig the second photo, that pink is nice. :)

Winnemucca's Own said...

Thats very hot. At least it's a dry heat? Hehehe. Although I hate the humidity, I've never been one so say that 105 in the desert feels any cooler than 95 with high humidity in the city. Both suck.