Friday, December 21, 2007

The Winter Solstice

Counting Cows - 14

On the shortest day of the year, just before nightfall, I visited this hot spring planning for a great image of the walls of steam rising into the orange sunlight.

What I came away with surprised me.























Kyle Hot Spring December 21, 2008
















Somehow, when I was passing along here, Boomer came to mind, driving along in the stuffed turkey, counting cows.

I've been sitting on this post now for nearly a month, and so it's either, let it go and delete, or post it as is........

3 comments:

MorsaJones said...

i really like the colors in both photos.. even though there's no steam, you did get some good stuff, looks like.

(boomer? stuffed turkey?)

~Bungalow Bill~ said...

Boomer and Ellen Cherry can be found driving cross-country in a huge, chrome, stuffed turkey in the opening of Skinny Legs and All by Tom Robbins.

Zack Sheppard said...

Love the shot of the green water Bill. I bet it looked prettier than it smelled.