Monday, September 11, 2006

Knott Creek















Took a little road trip to spend the afternoon floating around in this lake on a pneumatic chair. Fly fishing in one of the most storied little gems in the state. We hiked up to the top of this hill on the west side to get a nice panoramic shot. And of course, for the view. On the way up, we flushed out fourteen or fifteen mule deer, then watched as they gracefully bounded up the rocky hillside and disappeared over the crest.

I was keeping an eye on a pair of eagles we had been watching fly around for the last hour. When I got up on the outcrop, one of the eagles came down and started doing tight circles around me as I was standing on the peak of the rock. Then they soared slowly away, drifting over to the other side of the canyon.















It was magical. I can still feel its power.

1 comment:

MorsaJones said...

i need to get out and about much more often.

yes.