Monday, February 13, 2006

Life With Bob & Ted

Hi, Bob....I just sent you the payment for the Stuyvesant Hotel shot glass via PayPal.And, If you can....please mail it to :Peggy McMahon14R Stockholm AvenueRockport, MA 01966I'm assuming that the shipping will be the same, if not please send it to me. But, I'd really like her to get it, so please help me on this if you can...Thanks...I had a little trouble with PayPal, in that I did not want to pay via credit card, because of the charges that you would incur. So, I paid by echeck. This was disappointing, because I thought that the money would be taken from my PayPal balance, but it was really taken from my checking account. Not to mention adding time to the deal.But it was enlightening, in that if this happens again, I'll try to transfer from my PayPal account with a direct email to the recipient.Also, I removed the PayPal option from my own listings as now I know why people were having such trouble trying to pay me. With the PayPal listing on the sheet, it seems as buyers are funneled into paying via Credit card.So I deleted the PayPal heading, and listed in my payment option block that I accept PayPal balance transfers, but NO CREDIT CARDS. This is how I had previously listed items, and had no trouble. As I say, this was enlightening to me. And, I hope that it helps you, too. Let me know.... After the item is received by either me (in PA or Peggy in MA) positive feedback will posted for you.Thanks again....Ted Straub


This came in my email today.

3 comments:

Lolabola* said...

holy crap!

MorsaJones said...

this is awesome. did you send anything to let the guy know you aren't, in fact, bob? i feel like sending ol' peggy a postcard asking her how her shot glass is treating her. (not any shot glass but the stuyvesant hotel shot glass.. wow.) such detail. i wonder, is this an ebay thing? a craig's list thing?

yay ted.

~Bungalow Bill~ said...

I figure Ted and Peggy must have met in the bar at the Stuyvesant and had a one night fling. Now Ted is buying and sending her a little reminder. He can't let go. I wonder what her husband will think when it shows up.

I don't think it will arrive in time for Valentine's Day.

and yeah, I sent Ted an email and told him that he should double check Bob's email address.